Freelance Visual Merchandiser, Illinois
Say Hello to 1906, The Precision Edible.
Founded in 2016, 1906 stands tall as the pinnacle of innovation in the cannabis industry. Our mission? Resurrect cannabis to its pre-prohibition status—both as a widely-used medicine for the greater good and a source of pure, unbridled fun. Today, we proudly wear the badge of the fastest-growing cannabis edibles brand, hailed by consumers, media, and industry insiders alike.
Our name commemorates 1906, the year the Wiley Act ushered in the cannabis prohibition era. With our proprietary, precisely-dosed edibles, we blend the magic of cannabis with other plant medicines, offering a variety of unique highs tailored to different needs. From boosting energy with GO to igniting passion with LOVE, each product is a perfect blend of science and nature, ensuring a safe and delightful experience every time.
We are seeking a professional, reliable, enthusiastic Freelance Visual Merchandiser to help grow 1906 business in the Illinois market. As a successful candidate, you will build brand recognition by forming professional working relationships with retail partnerships, and showcase abilities delivering marketing and promotion materials. You will engage with our retail partnerships and sales & marketing teams, to provide visually stimulating displays, deliver educational marketing material, and showcase our company's brand.
- Understand 1906’s mission, vision, and goals
- Understand 1906 products and experiences, and execute visually appealing displays in the retail space with a high caliber of attention to detail and showcase of creative abilities
- Maintain a positive image of the brand at all times
- Posses a comfort and maturity when approaching new business and people
- The ability to manage as needed: diverse personalities, needs, and change
- Carry on duties with professionalism and flexibility when working with multiple accounts
- Work collaboratively with the local 1906 Sales & Marketing Team, as well as the out-of-state Visual Director
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
- Age 21+
- Previous experience in visual merchandising and branding
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Engaging, outgoing, approachable personality
- Reliable, self-starter and team player
- Must be able to work independently/remotely
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel within New Jersey using your own personal vehicle.
- CPG experience in Alcohol, Cosmetics, or Food preferred.
This role is a freelance position with work required mostly during weekdays. On average this position will work a cumulative 15-30 hours per week. Job will primarily oversee successful delivery of displays and materials, visual merchandising set up, and showcase creative abilities by driving visually appealing merchandising to highlight the 1906 brand.
The hourly rate range for this role is $22- $27 hour, and is negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience