Director, Project Management, R&D
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and vepdegestrant (ARV-471), which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of nearly 450 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is a key cross-functional leadership role facilitating operations of planning, execution, timeline oversight, and budgets for key late stage franchise asset(s) . The position will be a key integrator of all Development related activities for the asset, partnering with the Development team lead and working closely with Clinical, Operations, CMC, Commercial and other functional teams. This role will lead and enable the development of project management capabilities across the enterprise (i.e. Project and portfolio management, Governance, reporting, etc.) and will be a key leader coaching and mentoring direct reports and other cross functional stakeholders.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Enterprise Project Management and Governance, and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Core team leader of asset teams driving focused cross-functional strategy and plan discussions, leading translation of the development strategy into an actionable plan
- Partners with Development Team Leadership and core team, in creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional program plans, including development and assessment of scenarios and options, decision criteria, and internal and external Cross-functional communication and stakeholder management strategies
- Partners with early development teams and their leadership to support planning, engaging with key Development stakeholders to support downstream planning and engagement
- Drives program-wide risk management framework, challenges team to think about and anticipate risks, proactively manage risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Leads the Program Execution sub-team meetings driving cross functional discussions on plans, budgets and risks
- Drives adherence to Arvinas’ Drug Development and governance processes, including delivery of timely and quality project team and/or sub team deliverables
- Ensures alignment of asset integrated development plan and corporate strategic and operational plans
- Drives decision making and asset team deliverables cross functionally and is a key contributor to strategic planning process
- Adheres to Project Management Standards and Deliverables
- Develops and maintains integrated program budget and forecasts in collaboration with Asset Team leaders, Cross-functional team members and Finance
- Develops and maintains high performing teams
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects
- Seeks participation in corporate initiatives outside the scope of the assets
- Ability to conduct process analysis and develop and implement plans
- Ensures effective communication with external stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Willing to identify, develop and/or implement forward thinking research and development initiatives, processes, or tools to support company growth and transformation
- Be a Thought leader with the ability to provide creative solutions, with the support of the Project Management team, and pragmatic delivery of project milestones.
- Lead and drive establishing key project and portfolio management capabilities as an organizational leader, coaching and mentoring colleagues and engagement with cross functional stakeholders
- 15+ years in the pharmaceutical industry in roles associated with drug development
- 10+ years serving as a project management lead in cross-functional early and late-stage drug development teams in a core function
- Deep drug development knowledge (prefer Oncology) with strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; effective interaction with cross functional team members.
- Experienced in managing multiple initiatives while working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in managing multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally
- Proficiency with Project Management related and Microsoft Office Software Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy required
- Advanced degree preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer