Associate Director, Product Communications
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and vepdegestrant (ARV-471), which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of nearly 450 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is looking for an Associate Director, Product Communications, to serve as a key member of Arvinas’ Corporate Communications team and as strategic partner to company business functions such as the commercial and marketing teams. The Associate Director, Product Communications will support and lead launch preparedness communications for Arvinas’ late-stage product candidate(s). This position requires experience with product communications in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
This position reports into the Director, Corporate Communications and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or can work remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive communications strategy leading up to and throughout the launch of Arvinas’ late-stage candidate(s), including both disease awareness and product-specific communications.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams including commercial, marketing, medical, clinical, and investor relations around key communications milestones leading up to the launch of the late-stage candidate(s)
- Maintain awareness of cross-functional strategies, objectives, patient needs, competitive landscape, and HCP landscape, and apply this knowledge to communications approach as appropriate.
- Drive communications strategies and tactics around key data and regulatory milestones for the late-stage candidate(s)
- Lead efforts related to issues preparedness and crisis management approaches for each candidate.
- Develop strategic earned and paid media relations plans geared toward print, online, and broadcast outlets; serve as primary point person for media relations activities.
- Ensure product milestones are integrated into corporate communications efforts including internal and executive communications, and corporate external and social media content calendars.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the PR agency for all product communications activities, including managing/tracking budget.
- Develop and maintain core communications materials as needed, including press releases, fact sheets, and key message documents.
- Minimum of 8 years of communications experience in the biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry, and of that, at least 5 years of product communications experience
- Product launch experience highly preferred
- Agency experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-functionally and work effectively and confidently with senior leaders.
- Ability to digest complex requests and information and determine and act on next steps with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of patient-centered thinking.
- Ability to translate complex, science-driven data into digestible content for a variety of audiences.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the Commercial pharmaceutical business.
- Independently motivated with willingness to think creatively to achieve communications objectives.
- Ability to work comfortably with uncertainty and independently determine a path forward without obvious solutions.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to define a new role within the Communications function.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer