Research Scientist I
Bactana Corp: Research Scientist I
(Complete form & upload your resume below)
UCONN Health Cell & Genome Science Building in Farmington, CT (TIP)
About Bactana Corp (www.bactana.com).
Bactana is a socially impactful company formed as a collaboration between Cornell University, a renowned animal health scientist, and a successful life science entrepreneur.
We have patented the use of a select group of microbes that enhance the gut microbiome to improve animal health & farming efficiency. Our lead technology manipulates the microbial ecology of newborn animals to enhance the interaction of an animal’s microbiome with its immune system & metabolism (immunometabolism).
Bactana is seeking a Research Scientist I to become an important part of the Bactana team and help further our research and development goals. This Research Scientist will support Bactana’s objectives from a recently awarded NSF/SBIR phase I grant.
What you’ll be doing:
- In this position, you will be working as part of a small team to continue Bactana’s commercial and scientific growth and development.
- Carry out cell-based assays and other in vitro experiments to elucidate the mechanism of Bactana’s lead products.
- Carry out rodent trials to validate and test current and new potential therapies.
- Taking an active role in determining research strategies, including designing and implementing experiments and trials.
- Participating in formulation development, including operations such as lyophilization, spraying, and freezing.
- Interpreting results and presenting/discussing with Bactana team and external collaborators.
- Carrying out and develop SOPs in line with cGMP practices.
- Maintaining proper record keeping practices.
- Deliver innovative solutions, foster continuous process improvement, scale-up and implement new initiatives, drive cost-savings, and maintain exceptional work quality.
- Willingness to work with a small team in a dynamic environment where your individual contributions will have a large impact on Bactana's long-term goals.
- Bachelors degree in life sciences (advanced degree a plus).
- Relevant lab experience at company or academic lab a big plus.
- Well organized and able to effectively document experimental details to facilitate process improvement.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously and learn new skills.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and/or mouse studies is highly desirable.
- Ability to produce and follow SOPs.
- This position is expected to deliver innovative solutions, foster continuous process improvement, scale-up and implement new technologies, drive cost-savings, and maintain exceptional product quality in a regulated environment.
- Experience with safe laboratory practices.
- Experience working under GMP conditions a plus.
- Competitive salary, company stock option package, matching 401(k), flexible vacations, and medical benefits.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidates should live in or be willing to relocate to the Farmington, CT area.