Utility Rates Specialist
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated, individual to fill the role of Utility Rate Specialist. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for the growth and management of our utility rate repository, work with other team members to ensure all customers are being given the correct rate structure and guide the development of the processes and systems required to support that effort.
- Develop and maintain rate repository for all rate tariffs for utilities we do business with.
- Actively research all new utilities for rate tariff options using a variety of methods (utility websites, signing up for utility email distribution lists, calling utilities to understand various charges, etc.)
- Coordinate with Onboarding team to ensure all new accounts are onboarded with best possible rate structure.
- Review and correct any rate errors found on monthly customer bills that are identified by the billing team.
- Track ongoing tariff changes and work with customer service team to ensure that information is properly communicated to customers.
- Collaborate with Development team by providing requirements to build and implement necessary system changes to support ongoing rate-related information.
- Act as the main point of contact with utilities for tariff updates and queries
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex utility Tariffs
- Proficient in multitasking and functioning in a face-based, quickly evolving environment
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently with guidance from senior team members
- Ability to maintain a calm and pleasant demeanor in a variety of interactions with customers and utility companies
- Capability to develop priorities and new business practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree or related utility industry experience.
- Clear understanding or interest in learning tariff complexities in the utility industry.
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and oral and writing communication skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think out of the box and bring a new perspective
- Demonstrated ability to present complex data to facilitate analysis and decision-making
- Collaborate across organizational teams to coordinate required resources to perform optimal work
Salary Range: $63,000 - $67,000 / annual based on factors including level of experience, skill set, qualifications, and location.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.