Sales Solutions Engineer
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
- Understand and quantify LED, HVAC/R, refrigeration, water, gas, and renewable energy savings opportunities in commercial businesses.
- Assist with pre-sales opportunity qualification, discovery, solution analysis, and proposal generation.
- Interface with the Budderfly Sales Account Executives and customer prospects throughout the sales cycle, regularly attending both internal and customer meetings.
- Participate in the financial evaluation of sales opportunities by inputting data into cost savings models & ROI analysis tools.
- Assess feasibility and determine the viability of opportunity through upgrades to lighting systems, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, gas systems, water systems, and telephony systems including analysis for repair/replacement scenarios, along with other savings opportunities within the Budderfly model.
- Efficiently complete site surveys and analyses, gather data, review utility billing, confirm solution requirements and overall fit, presenting the recommendations and proposed solution to the Sales Account Executives, Customers, and other key Budderfly personnel.
- Continually improve estimation models through post-installation review of project estimates and final costs.
- Interface regularly with Budderfly Product Development and Operations teams to understand current Budderfly Solutions and provide feedback on prospective customer trends.
- In/Out of State Travel Required (25-50%).
- Minimum of 3 years or more sales support or installation experience in LED, HVAC, or Refrigeration systems.
- Experience in renewable energy sources, including solar.
- Experience in conducting commercial energy or equipment audits.
- Experience in data analytics
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think out of the box and bring a new perspective.
- Passion for energy savings and the green economy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple sales opportunities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of LED, HVAC/R, refrigeration, water, gas, telephony, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work remotely and independently.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, oral, written communication, and presentation skills in a sales environment.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.