Cost Accountant-Shelton, CT-Hybrid
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Cost Accountant. In this position, the successful candidate will be involved in the day to day cost analysis of company projects.
Why this Role is Important:
The Cost Accountant will play a critical role in maintaining standard costs and its ongoing analysis. This role will be a key member of the accounting team in providing costing support and in other accounting areas.
- Perform month-end close inventory related functions
- Coordinate and monitor physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Maintain standard cost accounting system and analyze variances
- Analyze costs incurred, cost of sales and calculation of inventory value including various external filings
- Prepare various daily, weekly, and monthly management reports
- Prepares journal entries in support of the month-end close process.
- Prepares account reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience in job cost analysis
- Experience with proper procedures for month-end cutoff transactions & reconciliation of subledgers to General Ledger
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power point) preferred
Salary Range: 55K-65K based on factors including level of experience, skill set, and qualifications.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.