Solutions Development Program Manager
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
Solutions Development Program Manager
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and organized individual to join our technology team as a Solutions Development Program Manager. In this role, the individual will be responsible for the identification, researching, coordination, piloting, and reporting of new Energy Saving Measures (ESMs), a core competency of our fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience driving the adoption of energy savings measures, with a passion for energy efficiency and the green economy. Must be eager to take a central and highly visible role in a fast paced, leading energy management company.
- Keep current with new and evolving energy savings measures and strategies.
- Engage in research and discovery for new energy savings solutions through vendor communication, attending industry shows and events, and networking with peers.
- Establish initial ESM ROI targets based on research and vendor input.
- Work with our Engineering and Performance Analysis teams to establish pilot criteria and analysis.
- Develop and coordinate teams, schedules, budgets, and reports for new ESMs from beginning to end of development lifecycle.
- Work with our customer installations/operations team to pilot and plan rollouts of new solutions, including assisting with documentation for and training of rollout team.
- Assess efficacy of proposed solutions through research and before/after installation data analysis.
- Execute Cooling/Heating Degree Day (CDD/HDD) analysis in support of efficacy research.
- Serve as points of contact for and communicate with Budderfly customers to understand their experiences with the ESM.
- Complete ROI and other financial analyses of proposed solutions and establish energy savings targets.
- Assist in vendor comparison, assessment, selection and pricing and contract negotiation for energy savings equipment and installation services.
- Provide input into contracting and procurement of vendor agreements.
- Support Pre-Sales Engineers in pre-contract assessment of energy savings opportunities.
- Support Field Operations and Maintenance teams in installing and maintaining energy savings solutions for customer locations with special requirements.
- Support the Incentives team in the application for and recovery of utility incentive revenue.
- Work with technology team on requirements for data collection, IoT platform, monitoring, control and key performance indicators, including testing of new software developed in support of the ESM.
- Attend and present at company and customer events such as sales meetings and customer visits.
- Must possess interpersonal, analytical, and oral and writing communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced data analysis skills with Excel or equivalent.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques for proving energy savings.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and efficacy analysis of energy savings measures in refrigeration, HVAC, lighting, and software control systems.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think “out of the box” and bring a new perspective.
- Strong verbal, written, spreadsheet, slide generation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex data to facilitate analysis and decision-making.
- Passion for improving energy efficiency results.
- Stooping, standing and ability to climb stairs and ladders; visual acuity.
- Work across organization teams to coordinate required resources to perform work.
- Minimum of 8 years of technical project management experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry-related experience.
- Have certification in any of the following: Certified Energy Manager, Certified Energy Professional, Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional, LEED Accreditation, or Certified Energy Auditor.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical building operation; construction and maintenance materials, practices, equipment, and systems.
- Experience in energy efficiency business and markets.
- Experience with commercial side energy analysis (energy efficiency, renewable technology, HVAC analysis, building load analysis, etc.).
- Experience with piloting and evaluating results of new energy conservation measures.
- Experience optimizing building energy systems through utilization of EMS systems, Building Management Systems, energy audits and data analysis.
- Familiarity with renewable energy technologies and systems.
- Familiarity with energy simulation models.
- Experience working on or assessing commercial facilities’ energy using equipment.
- Knowledge of building codes and environmental/ safety regulations.
What You can Expect:
- Environment for an entrepreneurial-minded person.
- Constant learning, mentorship and coaching from top leadership.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vison, life and disability insurance.
Job Location: Shelton, Connecticut (company headquarters) preferred, remote is an option for the right candidate.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $150,000 / annual based on factors including level of experience, skill set, qualifications, and location.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.