Director, Field Operations-Hybrid or Remote
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Director, Field Operations. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving all aspects of field implementation and installation of our portfolio of energy efficiency solutions across North America within our customer base of Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR), Casual Dining chains, retail and enterprise sites.
Why this Role is Important:
- This role is critical to long term customer satisfaction and gross margin generation.
- The Director Field Operations drives common standards and excellence in ensuring on- time, on-budget delivery of our customer solutions within our field installation teams.
- The Director, Field Operations manages the solutions implementation teams responsible for Budderfly’s HVAC Replacement Program, and other applicable energy efficiency solutions.
- This role is critical in ensuring a common approach and platform for field installation leveraging a standard playbook and metrics around time to installation, monthly installation volume throughput, margin, budget and schedule.
- Ensures common accountability, training and orientation toward construction management best practices, contractor management and safety.
- Elevates the entire team function toward exceptional customer delivery with a “can do” culture of efficiency, customer focus and creative problem solving.
- Manages a diverse team focused on a broad portfolio of thousands of “repeatable footprint” customer sites in the quick serve restaurant (QSR), casual dining, retail and enterprise market.
- Ensure a consistent deployment approach for the installation of thousands of HVAC units across our national customer base (high efficiency rooftop units from 4-25 tons).
- Drives pilot implementation for new technologies (e.g., high performance heat pump systems) to ensure future successful commercial viability of new solutions into the market.
- Ensures a scalable and repeatable installation approach across our key customer brands to ensure a positive customer experience with positive gross margins.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience managing field operations teams in the construction management or energy services field.
- Experience managing broad field deployments of multiple energy efficiency and HVAC solutions across multiple customer sites.
- Ideally, the successful candidate possesses a degree in engineering or construction management.
Salary Range: $150,000 - $175,000 / annual based on factors including level of experience, skill set, qualifications, and location.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.