Customer Energy Data Analyst
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Customer Energy Data Analyst. In this position, the successful candidate will work closely with our Customer Management team to prepare and present business reviews for customers, address customer questions on year-over-year energy expenses, and develop tools to be used on our customer dashboard for easy customer access. This individual should be a dependable and hardworking data analyst with energy industry experience. Applicants should be experienced problem solvers who can think outside of the box and work effectively within a team environment.
- Gather, evaluate, and analyze data from multiple sources including utility bills, site surveys, and the Budderfly facility smart grid to understand site-level performance and develop reports for customers on our performance.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption both before and after installation of Budderfly energy saving solutions at customer locations.
- Develop tools and procedures to simplify and scale site performance tracking and analysis. Includes creating reports, dashboards, presentation materials, and other supporting artifacts utilizing Microsoft Office products and reporting packages such as Amazon QuickSight that can be presented to customers.
- Present findings to various constituencies including peers, customers, vendors, partners, and senior management team members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on data analytics, energy engineering, finance, or related field.
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for energy savings and the green economy
- 1-3 years’ experience with energy efficiency or energy systems design installation/maintenance
- Experience with and understanding of energy rates and tariffs
- Experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think outside of the box and bring a new perspective.
Salary Range: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00, based on factors including level of experience, skillset, qualifications, and location.
Job Location: Shelton,CT: Hybrid work schedule
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.