Senior Sales Solutions Engineer-Northeast Territory/Remote
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We are seeking an out of the box thinking, dependable, hardworking, Senior Sales Solution Engineer, with extensive energy industry experience. Applicants should be experienced problem solvers who can work effectively with our Sales team.
- Understand and quantify solutions including, but not limited to, LED, HVAC, refrigeration, water, gas, and renewable energy savings opportunities in commercial businesses including but not limited to, community centers, manufacturing facilities, retail stores, medical facilities”, etc.
- Take a lead role in high-profile and complex projects involving significant analysis and/or client interaction.
- Ability to read / understand architectural and engineering drawings is required.
- Generate, and assist with pre-sales opportunity qualification, discovery, solution analysis and proposal generation.
- Interface with the Budderfly Sales Account Executives and customer prospects throughout the sales cycle, regularly attending both internal and external meetings with clients, partners, and other key individuals or businesses.
- Participate in the financial evaluation of sales opportunities by inputting data into cost savings models and ROI analysis tools.
- Assess feasibility and determine viability of opportunity through upgrades to lighting systems, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, gas systems, water systems, renewable energy systems and telephony systems including analysis for repair/replace scenarios, along with other savings opportunities within the Budderfly model.
- Efficiently complete site surveys and analyses, gather data, review utility billing, confirm solution requirements and overall fit of the Budderfly model to potential clients, presenting the recommendations and proposed solution to the Sales Account Executives, Customers, and other key Budderfly personnel.
- Continually improve estimation models through post-installation review of project estimates and final costs.
- Interface regularly with Budderfly Solutions and Operations teams to understand current Budderfly solutions and provide feedback on prospective customer trends.
- Attend trade shows and/or other events to support Account Executive and Business Development Representative teams in meeting with potential clients and business partners.
- In/Out of State Travel Required (25-50%).
Salary Range: $85K-$110K plus on-target $15K annual bonus/ based on factors including level of experience, skillset, and qualifications.
- 5 years or more Energy efficiency or energy systems design installation or maintenance experience including LED lighting HVAC, refrigeration, and renewable energy systems.
- Experience in renewable energy sources, including solar.
- Experience in conducting commercial energy or equipment audits, ASHRAE Level 1 and 2.
- Experience in client relations in a Sales-oriented environment.
- Experience in data analytics
- Knowledge of ASHRAE Standards and International Codes
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think out of the box and bring a new perspective.
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for energy savings and the green economy.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and/or energy-related certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or demonstrated equivalent experience in the Energy solution field, including certifications such as CEM, CEA, and LEED AP.
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple sales opportunities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of basic industry principles - LED, HVAC, refrigeration, water, gas, renewable energy, telephony, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work remotely and independently.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, oral, written communication, and presentation skills in a sales environment.
- Ability to travel (25-50% of time) domestically and internationally to support site visits and other business events.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.