Energy Billing Analyst
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We are looking for an Energy Billing Analyst to join our team to support multiple customers with primary responsibility for utility billing reviews and reconciling customer invoices and accounts. The ideal candidate cares about the environment and will contribute to Budderfly’s commitment to reducing the carbon footprint while delivering valuable insight and outstanding support to our customers.
- Create, review, and approve utility invoices ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Investigate billing and payment errors, resolve discrepancies, and reconcile accounts.
- Understand our Energy Management Outsourcing Agreements and ensure all location discount schedules are updated and accurate monthly.
- Work closely with our rates specialists to ensure the maintenance of utility tariff data within our database.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all customers by providing timely responses to inquiries and providing superior level of service.
- Track and obtain missing invoices from utility providers.
- Participate in customer requested or other internal projects to advance the mission of the organization.
- Actively participate in the development of our systems, tools, and processes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Previous related work experience with knowledge of accounting concepts, invoice processing and validation.
- Experience in the energy or utility industry strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management; problem solving, project management and follow through skills are critical.
- Driven to create and improve processes to create a positive impact within an organization.
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources and generate reports and graphics; must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to interface with all levels within our customers’ organizations.
Salary Range: 60K-65K, based on factors including level of experience, skillset and qualifications.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.