Service Excellence HVAC/R Lead Technician-S-1 or D-1
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of a HVAC/R Service Lead Technician. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring optimal, efficient operation of the fleet of Budderfly HVAC Units.
Why this Role is Important:
HVAC Replacement with Ultra-High Efficient Units is the most recent endeavor initiated by Budderfly to save energy on our customers’ sites. Ensuring that these HVAC units are properly maintained and retain the most efficient control parameters is vital to the success of this Replacement program. This role is a key player among the impactful team in CT which is tasked with ensuring that these units continue to operate at the utmost efficiency.
- Ensuring continued excellent operation of Budderfly HVAC Units within your geographic area. This includes maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on HVAC/R equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC/R systems.
- Completing commissioning checks of HVAC Units to ensure continued, efficient operation. This includes checking and correcting of HVAC RTU controller configurations in addition to the mechanical operation of the units.
- Providing physical maintenance to Budderfly HVAC Units. This includes, but is not limited to: changing filters, cleaning coils, inspecting/replacing belts, and inspecting units for other mechanical failures.
- Responding to Emergency Service Calls on nights and weekends (when on-call)
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all functions in Company work order system.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable State and Federal standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
- Assisting with customers' queries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience working as a service technician on HVAC/R systems.
- S-2 Licensed
- HVAC Controls experience. Familiarity with Lennox Core Controllers and Carrier SystemVu controllers are a benefit.
- Ability to recognize control and mechanical issues prior to the issue(s) compounding.
- Enjoys continuous learning, as supported by your organization, both technically and professionally
- Desire to grow professionally further than being “just a filter changer.”
- Desire to help shape a developing team with fellow HVAC/R technicians in your area.
- Customer and safety focused individual.
- Ability to travel within CT and surrounding States.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Work across / with organization Teams.
Hourly Range: $25.00-$40.00/ based on factors including level of experience, skill set, qualifications, and location. (May go higher for the right candidate)
Location: On-site (Based in Milford, CT)
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.