Senior Buyer - Hybrid
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Procurement Specialist. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of vendor provided materials and services. The position will develop, negotiate, and maintain partnerships based on price, service levels, and overall value to our internal and external clients, reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics.
Why this Role is Important:
This is an important position that that will coordinate all inbound and outbound material movement between vendors, third party warehouses and installation contractors.
- Responsible for material procurement from a worldwide vendor base.
- Negotiate pricing, product specifications and payment terms with vendors.
- Collaborate with Field Operations, Product Management and Fulfillment teams to ensure cost effective and timely delivery.
- Ability to manage to key performance goals and identify potential metrics to support them.
- Develop an understanding of vendor and client requirements and his/her role in exceeding internal and external client expectations.
- Develop a working knowledge of the company’s operational and general business applications including but not limited to Field Operations, Accounting, Product Management and Fulfillment.
- Communicate Estimated shipment dates by working daily with the Fulfillment team
- Support building and completion of monthly/quarterly inventory reconciliation.
- Approve vendor invoices related to the Purchase Orders.
- Drive and engage in continuous improvement projects to improve inventory management processes and systems.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures to reflect the current processes. Maintain proper documentation of all Procurement related activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement and material handling.
- Ability to convert complex and data driven matter to clear overviews and insights
- Proficiency with Netsuite or similar ERP systems
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Systematic approach and attention to detail. - Possess great customer service skills and have a customer-centric attitude.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan functions in support of Field Operations.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Display problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
Compensation: $70,000 to $90,000.00, based on factors including level of experience, skillset, qualifications, and location.
Job Location: Shelton, CT: Hybrid work schedule.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.