Associate Energy Performance Engineer
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Associate Energy Performance Engineer in the Energy Performance Engineering department. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for tailoring HVAC solutions by customer location prior to implementation.
Why this Role is Important:
Using practical engineering expertise, the person in this position plays a critical role in supporting the company’s dedication to applying the right set of energy saving solutions within each customer location.
- Identify and troubleshoot underperforming HVAC, refrigeration, and water solutions at client sites.
- HVAC is the base responsibility; additional scope will depend on candidate’s experience.
- Understand and quantify energy efficiency solutions across commercial business sectors including LED, HVAC, refrigeration, water, gas, and renewable energy savings opportunities.
- Conduct detailed onsite assessments and benchmark evaluations of HVAC equipment and infrastructure to establish baselines, identify & prioritize efficiency opportunities.
- Interface with the Budderfly project & account managers and customers throughout the customer life cycle, including the initial assessment review, solution planning and performance management.
- Continually improve performance models through post-installation review.
- Interface regularly with Budderfly Solutions Development and Operations teams to understand current Budderfly solutions and provide feedback on prospective customer trends.
- Assist Energy Performance Engineers in their responsibilities.
- In/out of state travel required (25-50%).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of construction and/or servicing experience with HVAC energy recovery systems including but not limited to air, water and ground source heat pumps, VRF, and ERV/HRV systems, kitchen hoods, and exhaust fans.
- Experience working with refrigeration, lighting, water, and solar systems is a plus.
- Strong background in building automation and HVAC control systems.
- Understanding of HVAC building operations.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE Standards and International Mechanical Code.
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Robust organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; adept at learning new software programs.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.