Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Controller. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Controller in the general oversight of accounting operations and is an essential part of delivering an exceptional experience to our customers.
Why this Role is Important:
The Assistant Controller is integral to the organization's financial health, ensuring accurate reporting, operational support, risk management, and collaborative efforts across various departments.
- Assists in month end close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries and financial statements
- Provide monthly statistical/financial reporting to company departments
- Manage and supervise Accounting staff
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Monitors cash flow schedules and assists in cash flow projections
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Participates in preparation for external auditors, bank, insurance, and other 3rd party vendors
- Partners with other areas of Finance, Operations, Sales, HR, and Legal on accounting and tax matters
- Perform other duties and assist in special projects as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- High level of independent work ethic and integrity
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Accounting knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work with multiple entities within an organization
- Experience with proper procedures for month-end cutoff transactions and reconciliation of subledgers to the General Ledger
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) preferred
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.