Associate Energy Engineer - Solutions Development-CT or MA
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Associate Energy Engineer – Solutions Development. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for tailoring HVAC and Refrigeration solutions by customer location prior to implementation and ensuring scopes of work are tailored to maximize incentives.
Why this Role is Important
This role supports the company’s dedication to identifying and implementing energy saving solutions at our customer locations. As a member of the Solutions Development team, your practical engineering expertise and attention to detail will be highly valued. You will contribute to saving the planet through energy efficiency engineering.
- Conduct thorough research on third-party solutions for enhancing energy efficiency across regional customer locations.
- Assess and optimize energy-related solutions to improve efficiency for clients and their facilities.
- Perform site assessments to evaluate various site conditions for the implementation of new solutions pilots.
- Design and build custom energy-saving solutions to yield maximum energy savings and ensure customer comfort.
- Develop custom engineering calculation sheets for evaluating solution performance and filing custom incentives with utilities.
- Identify, test, and recommend energy-saving products and strategies to enhance efficiencies of utilities at existing customer sites.
- Provide expertise and insights on energy-related design/construction issues and conduct audits to propose consumption-reducing solutions.
- Analyze pre- and post-installation energy consumption with EM&V methodologies to determine the efficacy of designed energy savings solutions.
- Document the outcome(s) of energy efficiency pilot projects from individual solutions to entire building systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Energy Engineering fields.
- 0-to-2 years of design and/or construction experience.
- Must have a thirst for innovation in energy efficiency design.
- Prefer expertise/understanding of HVAC/R technology like Roof Top Units (RTUs), Variable Refrigerant Flow units (VRFs), Kitchen Exhaust Systems, etc.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE Standards and International Mechanical Code.
- Robust organization skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software programs.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.