Mechanical Engineer-HVAC Implementation Group (HIG)
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Mechanical Engineer on the HVAC Implementation Group (HIG). In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for tailoring HVAC solutions by customer location prior to implementation.
Why this Role is Important:
Using practical engineering expertise, the person in this position plays a critical role in supporting the company’s dedication to applying the right set of energy saving solutions within each customer location.
- Review equipment survey documents and understand the best HVAC solutions for implementation and customer satisfaction with a focus on energy recovery.
- Creation of HVAC scopes and bills of material (BOMs) for new and existing clients.
- Provide mechanical engineering support for HVAC technologies/solutions including BAS controls.
- Understand, interpret, and evaluate construction documents including site plans, floor plans, details, sections, and equipment schedules with an eye towards the implementation of energy recovery solutions.
- Review implementation checkout documents to diagnose problematic installations.
- On-site review of as-built conditions to ensure compliance with engineering design.
- Support the process of maximizing utility-provided incentives based on HVAC solutions for customer locations.
- There may be occasional travel on a quarterly basis.
- Other job-related duties as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of design and/or construction experience with HVAC energy recovery systems including but not limited to Air, Water and Ground Source Heat Pumps, VRF, and ERV/HRV systems, kitchen hoods, and exhaust fans.
- Strong background in building automation and HVAC control systems.
- Proven understanding of HVAC building operations and thermodynamics.
- Knowledge and practical application experience of ASHRAE Standards and International Mechanical Code.
- Robust organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; adept at learning new software programs.
This will be a remote role, regardless of whether the candidate lives in CT or out of state. Local candidates may come into the office for special events or meetings.
Compensation is based on factors including level of experience, skillset, qualifications, and location.
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.