Control Systems & Software Engineering Manager
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Control Systems & Software Engineering Manager will manage a dedicated team of Software Developers to develop control systems and software applications, specifically for CDUs and Desktop solutions, by supervising their design activities, defining the strategy of the group, and maintaining the quality of design work.
- Oversee the development of control systems and software applications, used in Direct Liquid Cooling products, from a technical perspective while ensuring adherence to product development processes and project schedules.
- Manage team workload, prioritize, and delegate tasks while bringing a focus to technical knowledge base development, career growth, and performance management of the team members.
- Be the primary decision maker on leveraged control schemes/algorithms including system behavior, alerts, and warning and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Create and manage plans for department budgets, organizational team growth and project execution roadmaps.
- Engage in internal initiatives in conjunction with other departments around continuous improvement, process development, and advanced technology.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar technical field (control systems & software development) with time spent as a team leader or manager.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or similar Engineering disciplines (Master’s or PhD is preferred).
- Skilled in web and embedded software development with experience using programming languages such as C, C#, C++, Python, Go, React.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience implementing control systems in industrial equipment.
- Experience with Linux OS environments.
- Possess soft skills such as: patience, active listening, organization, communication, empathy, and time management.
- Possess P.Eng designation or similar professional credentials.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.