Accounts Payable Team Lead
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the AP Team Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the accounts payable function within our manufacturing company. This role will report into our Controller, and you will lead a team of dedicated AP professionals, ensuring accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, expense reports, and other financial transactions. Your experience in a manufacturing environment will be invaluable as you collaborate with cross-functional teams, optimize processes, and contribute to the overall financial health of the organization.
- Oversee and participation in the daily operations of the AP department, including managing and reviewing workflows, accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, vendor management and internal and external queries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, ensuring adherence to company policies and compliance with accounting standards.
- Lead the weekly payment run process.
- Perform account reconciliation duties, including clean-up of AP subledger and received-not-invoiced accounts.
- Be relied upon as the main point of contact for resolving complex AP related issues, ensuring compliance with vendor-payment terms.
- Manage the month end AP close process.
- Prepare and provide necessary documentation for external audits, ensuring a smooth audit process.
- Generate regular reports and analyze AP metrics to track performance, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to management.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of AP professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Foster a customer service-centric approach, ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Participate actively in the Company's performance management program.
- Respond promptly to internal and external escalations and inquiries, prioritizing customer satisfaction.
- Empower the AP team to problem solve and take initiative in completing tasks.
- Lead optimization and automation efforts for the payment cycle.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Accounts Payable – full cycle (entry to payment and reconciliations) with complex ERP experience and proficiency in MS Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Lookups).
- Experience working within a multi-currency environment with multiple legal entities.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership or supervisory role within a manufacturing company.
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable best practices, procedures and internal controls.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage high volumes of transactions and multiple deliverables in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with vendors and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong vendor relationship focus mindset for both internal and external vendors.
- Team player with proven ability to coach, lead, effectively manage performance and motivate a team.
- Experience with NetSuite considered a definite asset.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.