Compliance Safety Test Engineer
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Compliance Safety Test Engineer will perform compliance safety testing as per North American and international safety standards. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing samples for testing, performing testing at our Calgary compliance lab and record keeping while maintaining company safety and quality expectations.
Reporting to the Lab Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual who takes ownership, is a team player, looks for interesting custom projects and wants to contribute to the future of scalable computer cooling solutions.
- Receive samples and make sure they match to product specification and have correct serial numbers.
- Prepare samples for testing. This might include disassembling, assembling, minor soldering, wiring additional thermocouples, filling with coolant, etc.
- Perform compliance safety testing as per UL/CSA 62368-1, various IEC and ISO standards.
- Safely operate different test equipment including environmental/thermal chambers, safety analysers, ESD gun, electrodynamic vibration table, thermal testing vehicles, hydrostatic pumps, and other test apparatus.
- Safely use different electric and hand tools (hand drill, electric grinders, etc.) to build and modify equipment under test and jigs.
- Supervise testing at local third-party compliance test facilities if needed.
- Internal record keeping on all stages of the projects.
- Fill datasheets and data records from third-party certification authority to open and close projects.
- Adhere to international quality standards (incl. ISO 9001 and ISO 17025).
- Maintain safe work practices by adhering to company safety policies.
- Provide help to other team members as needed.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Schedule calibration with third party calibration facilities or perform it in house (where capabilities exist).
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Strong desire to work with custom projects in a fast-paced technology company.
- Strong desire to perform testing in compliance with test specifications and standards.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Electronics Engineering degree and 5 years of work experience or 3 years of electronics compliance testing is a must.
- Knowledge of compliance safety standards (CSA/UL 62368-1, UL 60950, etc) and testing procedures is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other electronics compliance standards (IEC or ISO groups) is a plus.
- Knowledge of calibration processes is a plus.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Self motivated and proactive.
- Desire to constantly learn new skills.
- Ability to prioritize based on the workload and project priorities.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Thrives in collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Self motivated and proactive.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.