Dream Payments is a next generation mobile payment solution provider that enables merchants of all sizes to streamline payment processing anytime, anywhere while improving their customer’s experience. Our cloud-based payment platform combined with a low-cost mobile point of sale device provides the most cost effective, low risk and flexible end-to-end mobile payment solution. Dream Payments partners with industry leading enterprises to provide secure and robust payment processing solutions to their customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us develop and implement container or serverless based micro services developed in Java or GoLang to be deployed in the AWS Cloud. You will work closely with our development team to ensure that our services are optimized for performance and scalability.
We are looking for someone who has strong experience developing micro services that expose standards based RESTFul API, developing in Java and GoLang, and be able to create detailed designs and effort estimations with work breakdowns.
You should also have experience with AWS Cloud Native technologies using AWS Cognito, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS KMS, AWS RDS, Aurora PostGres, and Lambda and have experience in the Financial and Insurance sector.
Previous payments Integration experience would be beneficial as well. If you have a passion for developing high availability and scalability architectures and have the skills described above, we want to hear from you!
- Design, develop and test web services, micro-services, and web-based applications.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing sample data and unit testing components.
- Analyze and solve problems that are lower complexity and may be routine in nature, requiring varied responses depending on the situation.
- Interact with peers before updating supervisors, interaction will often be with non-management levels at the client and/or within Dream Payments.
- Receive minimal instruction on daily work tasks and a moderate level of instruction on new assignments.
- Assist in the development of deployment build scripts.
- Assist with deployment of code and environments as needed.
- Participate in production support activities for troubleshooting and investigating issues.
- Be available for production support rotation with the rest of the team.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within the project timelines, working overtime if necessary.
- 5+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, and Golang.
- Working knowledge of software architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with using IDEs such as IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, or Eclipse.
- 5+years of experience with AWS Cloud computing services such as Lambda, CloudFormation, API Gateway, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Working knowledge of bash/shell scripting.
- 1+ years of experience with SQL scripting and working with one of the following databases: MySQL, DynamoDB, or Postgresql.
- 3+ years of experience with developing and using RESTful/SOAP Web Services.
- 1+ years of experience with using version control tools such as SVN/GIT.
- 1+ years of experience with using Docker/Fargate/Kubernetes container management platforms.
Professional Skill Requirements
- University degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any other equivalent degree preferred.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with an offshore/remote team.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge or experience with various SDLC methods like Iterative or traditional waterfall.
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall Development and project methodologies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position. Dream Payments reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Dream Payments is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, colour, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Dream Payments is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.