Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Stamford, CT, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
About UsFinTron is at the bleeding edge of financial technology enablement infrastructure. Our objective is to enable any business to provide investing and wealth services to their existing customers. Our solution is pioneering a power shift away from traditional investment businesses by placing the power in the hands of any business that wants to offer investment services. FinTron operates a B2B embedded wealth technology solution, a direct-to-consumer investing app, and an EdTech platform called FinTronU. The RoleAs a backend Staff Software Engineer, you will work with developers, designers, and operational staff to play a critical role in the development of FinTron’s B2B offering and maintaining FinTron’s direct-to-consumer application. You will be working on significant critical projects and will take responsibility for all facets of the development process. You will support and mentor other team members to improve team performance and velocity. We are looking for someone who is eager to dive into a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment to build innovative financial products. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership, is an individual contributor, and enjoys driving projects from inception to testing to scaling in production.We want this role to be your life's work, where you fully invest your passion and expertise to drive our company's engineering initiatives forward. Job Responsibilities
- Hands-on senior developer capabilities, individual contributor, and a team player
- A strong command of domain-driven design and building large scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Ability to own the end-to-end delivery of products from inception to production
- Take ownership of agile development processes, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
- Lead a team of engineers and have strong conflict-resolution skills
- Can coordinate releases in a timely manner and maintain deadlines
- Optimize application performance by identifying and addressing bottlenecks, implementing best practices, and leveraging modern mobile and web development tools and techniques.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback to team members, and ensure adherence to best practices and coding standards.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts and progress updates to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The engineer will operate under the direct supervision of the CTO. They will engage in tight-knit cooperation with the current development team to accomplish their tasks effectively.
- Pytest and other testing frameworks
- Protocol Buffers
- AWS (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Glacier, CloudTrail, Route 53, Inspector, Systems Manager, and GuardDuty)
- Github Actions
- RedPanda or Kafka
- 7+ years of programming experience with significant experience in backend frameworks and technologies
- 3+ years as an engineering manager
- Familiarity with back-end technologies and RESTful / GraphQL API integration.
- Startup experience strongly preferred in the fintech space
- Experience with end-to-end full-stack mobile, web, and QA testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication with C-suite
- Manage time efficiently and is highly collaborative
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team of developers
- Preferred: BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Remote friendly
- Competitive cash/equity blend compensation
- Unlimited room for self-growth and opportunity with a scaling fintech startup
- Located in Stamford, CT less than 1 mile from the train station
- Casual dress code & holistic workplace environment
- Opportunity to be a part of a close-knitted company culture, immerse yourself in highly interactive work with a talented, energetic and passionate team!
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Plan
- Gym Membership On-Site