Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Developing and maintaining cutting-edge, full-stack web applications using React and Node.js
Noteworthy AI, a Techstars portfolio company, provides AI-powered asset inspection and inventory analysis solutions for energy distribution grid operators. The company's cloud-based software and computer vision solution, Inspect, reduces the need for dedicated distribution asset inspections and mitigates risk at-scale while reducing cost. The Inspect hardware sensors and AI edge processing arrays mount on existing fleet vehicles and automatically geolocate, inventory, and identify pole-top component defects while vehicles perform routine operations, reducing the need to mobilize dedicated inspection teams. Inspect improves on legacy processes by implementing a cutting edge AI-based solution that helps utilities increase efficiency and reduce cost through automation.
Simply put, we mitigate the risks associated with extreme weather and crumbling infrastructure - helping to keep the electric grid energized!
We’ve gained significant market traction, validation and support from customers like FirstEnergy Corp and Alabama Power, investors like Techstars and partners like Nvidia - so we are looking for great people to come and join our growing team! 🚀
You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to be an integral part of a fast-growing startup that is playing a critical role in helping to keep the electric grid energized and resilient against climate-related events.
You are seeking the opportunity to truly impact the company's success while building and delivering solutions that help not only our customers, but all users of the electric grid.
- Develop and maintain full-stack web applications using React and Node.js
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers and product managers to bring software solutions from concept to deployment
- Build and maintain RESTful APIs, databases, and microservices to support the application's functionality
- Deploy, manage, and monitor applications on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for efficient and reliable software releases
- Optimize and troubleshoot application performance, security, and scalability
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code, following best practices and coding standards
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to suggest improvements and enhance the development process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in full stack development
- Strong proficiency in front-end development with React, including state management (e.g., Redux or MobX)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficiency in database systems (SQL and NoSQL) and data modeling
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and practices (e.g., Jenkins, Travis CI, GitHub CI/CD)
- Solid understanding of version control systems, especially Git
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team, managing priorities and deadlines effectively
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with serverless architecture and AWS Lambda
- Skill with other programming languages such as Java or C++
- Linux shell scripting and Python experience
- Security-focused development practices and experience with SOC-2 compliance
What we offer
- Opportunity to make an impact with AI in the increasingly important energy sector
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
- Flexible work hours in a hybrid setting
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
In alignment with our core beliefs, Noteworthy AI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.