Middle Backend Node.js Developer
We are growing the team of professionals in Poland. Are you a tech-savvy who is ready to join the next AI tech unicorn? Learn more about Shelf.io, fall in love, join!
As a Middle Backend Node.js Developer, you know what it takes to build truly production-ready APIs. You’re an expert in writing clean, readable, maintainable, extensible, and testable code. You’re excited about all things serverless, designing distributed microservices and event-driven architectures.
This is a great opportunity to join a growth-stage technology start-up and experience building scalable and performant backend distributed systems using a modern tech stack.
We’re proud of our code quality. Our codebase has 90%+ unit tests coverage. We encourage publishing open-source software and cleaning up the tech debt. We write TypeScript and Node.js 16/18, conduct peer code reviews, backend excellence meetings, maintain shared coding standards, practices, linters, presets, etc.
We’re looking for intellectually curious, motivated developers who want to work on a B2B product to deliver value to tens of thousands of users from companies such as Glovo, Avon, Nespresso, HelloFresh, Herbalife.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong desire to ship software fast and efficiently, prioritizing practical solutions and delivering business value over lengthy theoretical discussions.
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Experience with multiple AWS services (beyond just EC2 & S3) such as Lambda, SQS/SNS/Kinesis/EventBridge, Step Functions, DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreSQL), API GW
- Hands-on experience with large SQL and NoSQL databases and their constraints
- Proficient in microservice architectures, adept at decomposing large systems into smaller, scalable, and maintainable components.
- Habit of writing unit tests using jest.js
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as the role may involve contributing to the internal technical wiki and mentoring junior developers
- Build backend APIs in a self-sufficient delivery team that ships code to production frequently
- Write technical designs for the features you develop and execute on them
- Take ownership of the features you built and shipped to production, ensuring their stability, performance, and reliability. This includes monitoring your code for potential issues and proactively addressing bugs
- Utilize AWS services to build Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, taking full responsibility for creating and maintaining the necessary AWS infrastructure to support the features you develop and ensuring their optimal performance
- Regularly conduct code reviews and act as a competence lead for junior developers on your team, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to help them succeed in their careers and continuously grow their skills and expertise