Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Synthetic Chemistry
Please Note: Documentation of COVID vaccination consistent with current CDC and FDA guidelines is required for all employees of SIDUMA.
- Plan and perform multi-step syntheses of organic compounds at mg/multi-gram in support of Siduma’s drug discovery programs.
- Isolate, purify and characterize target products using modern analytical techniques.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry literature.
- Ensure that all lab safety rules are followed and day to day work is conducted in a safe manner.
- Manage chemistry laboratory operations, including ordering, maintaining, and stocking supplies as well as effectively and safely dealing with various waste streams.
- MS in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Experienced in modern synthetic organic chemistry reactions and procedures, synthetic methodology, reaction mechanisms, and standard analytical methods (NMR, HPLC, MS, and LC-MS).
- A strong commitment to experimental work - skilled in multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to meet timelines and successfully manage multiple priorities set by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including clear, concise, and timely oral and written communication.
- Meticulous record keeping, proficiency with Microsoft Office, SciFinder, ChemDraw, and other chemistry-related software.
Siduma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only.