Logistics and Manufacturing Planner
About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh NC.
This role offers a competitive salary plus variable compensation tied to business unit scale objectives. Tantalus offers full health, dental and vision plans, flexible hours, and vacation.
Learn more at www.tantalus.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing, the Logistics and Manufacturing Planner is responsible for all aspects of production planning, logistics coordination, and administration of Tantalus products delivery and Tantalus integration partners.
This position will be based in our Burnaby, BC office.
Specifically, the planner will:
- Take ownership of the end-to-end material planning, inventory consumption rate and replenishment, completion of order fulfillment cycle.
- Regularly perform supply chain risk analysis, respond to changes in demand, and take actions to mitigate risk (i.e. shortages, delays).
- Coordinate production schedules with key integration partners including interfacing with third party warehousing contractors to achieve optimal service level and on time delivery.
- Support physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate shipment logistics with freight companies, warehouses, and customs brokers.
- Provide support for managing Tantalus EMS partners both onshore and offshore.
- Provide back up support for purchasing.
- Review customer orders, payment and invoices and maintain a variety of related files, logs, invoices, purchase orders and documentation to generate reports as required.
- Work with Sales Admin team to provide lead time and ship date confirmation on customer orders.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory transaction and inventory levels and assist in the cycle counts and annual inventory count planning and financial audit.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, specifically within production planning and scheduling.
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in production planning roles for electronics manufacturing organizations.
- Experience with production demand planning, forecasting methods and supply analysis.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of supply chain activities, manufacturing processes and timelines, manufacturing decisions based upon capacities and constraints.
- Experience with international shipping logistics and customs requirements.
- Proven strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail to plan and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- APICS CPIM Certification, or Diploma in Operations Management desired.
- Experience using ERP & demand planning tools desired.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position by lifting, pulling, pushing and moving heavy items of up to 25 lbs.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgement.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and remain focused in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Have a life time learning attitude.
- Have a high personal commitment to product quality and process improvement.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you possess some of the key skills and experiences outlined in the job posting and are genuinely interested in the position, we invite you to take a chance and submit your application. We value diverse perspectives, unique skills, and believe in the power of potential over specific qualifications.