About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh NC.
This role offers a competitive salary plus variable compensation tied to business unit scale objectives. Tantalus offers full health, dental and vision plans, flexible hours, and vacation.
Learn more at www.tantalus.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing, the Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of administration and coordination for the Manufacturing department as it relates to planning and logistics of Tantalus products through the internal manufacturing department.
This position will be based in our Burnaby, BC office.
Specifically, the coordinator will:
- Perform physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate shipment logistics with freight companies, warehouses, and customs brokers
- Issue and manage purchase orders for commercial off the shelf (COTS) products to be delivered to Tantalus customers
- Manage inventory on-site and at partner sites
- Set up and manage restocking programs such as Kanban to handle low volume spares and accessories, including issuing of purchase orders for these items
- Generate pick lists and/or assembly requests for materials to be assembled into products to fulfill customer sales orders
- Review customer orders, payment and invoices and maintain a variety of related files, logs, invoices, purchase orders and documentation to generate reports as required
- Expedite orders and assist in pricing revisions, order changes, shipping details and invoice discrepancies
- Participate in inventory and financial audits
- Additional duties to assist with day to day coordination of the Manufacturing Team operations
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in manufacturing operations support or supply chain role for manufacturing organizations.
- Experience with international (Asia Pacific) and NAFTA/USMCA shipping logistics and customs requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of supply change activities, manufacturing processes and timelines, manufacturing decisions based upon capacities and constraints.
- Proven strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail to plan and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Experience with international shipping logistics desired
- APICS CPIM Certification, or Diploma in Operations Management desired
- Experience with electronic component supply chain procurement desired
- Experience using ERP & demand planning tools desired
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position by lifting, pulling, pushing and moving heavy items of up to 25 lbs
Personal Attributes Required:
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgement
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and remain focused in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Have a high personal commitment to product quality and process improvement
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new skills in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Thrives when working in a fast-paced environment.
If you possess some of the key skills and experiences outlined in the job posting and are genuinely interested in the position, we invite you to take a chance and submit your application. We value diverse perspectives, unique skills, and believe in the power of potential over specific qualifications.