Engineer, Test 2
West Hartford, CT, US, 06110-1328
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Hydro-Mechanical Test Engineer
Triumph Engine Control Systems is a leading independent aerospace fuel system supplier for the commercial, military, helicopter, and business jet markets. Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph employs approximately 500 personnel. The Company’s key products and services include electronic engine controls, fuel metering units, and main fuel pumps for both the OE and aftermarket/spares end markets.
Triumph is actively recruiting a Test Engineer to support its growing hydro mechanical capabilities.
The ideal candidate will support activities in developing and maintaining test equipment used to test the functionality of mechanical fuel pump and actuator system units for the aerospace industry. Job duties include providing a broad range of hardware/software/system design, development, testing, repair, upgrade and maintenance services in support of manufacturing and engineering test equipment.
- Develop test equipment based on requirements from our customers and the hydro mechanical systems engineering group to support testing of fuel pump and actuator systems.
- Manage project schedules for automatic test equipment development projects from conception through implementation.
- Perform test results analysis of mechanical systems to verify the proposed design meets product performance requirements.
- Performing system integration, design assurance testing, and qualification testing.
- Working directly with internal and external customers and suppliers to resolve technical issues, including presentations to company and customer executives throughout the product life cycle.
- Providing specialized support in solving technical, programmatic, or team problems.
- Provide feedback regarding impacts of possible cost and/or schedule changes.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science or Aerospace Engineering. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design and analysis, system and feedback controls performance, fluid dynamics, test engineering and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties.
- Able to create and read hydraulic and electrical test equipment schematics.
- Recent experience using LabVIEW graphical programming, CRIO hardware, real time and FPGA.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and have a strong skill in the Microsoft suite applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Skills in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems with meters and sensors.
- Work and execute independently with minimal technical oversight and general direction.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 5-10%.
- CAD knowledge and experience in documentation of test systems.
- Demonstrated capabilities in failure analysis and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Recent experience or knowledge of ATEasy and/or DSpace software.
- Strong knowledge of flow measurements of fluids/fuel.
- Knowledge of electronic motor drives and PLC programming.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time.
- Ability to remain sitting for long periods of time while working on a computer.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs. and hold this weight at your waist for a small duration of time.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions (i.e., sitting, standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, lifting, pushing, carrying, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .