Engineer, Electrical 4
Redmond, WA, US, 98053
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Group Inc. is a leader in the design, development, manufacture, repair, sales, and life cycle support of aircraft control and actuation systems and structures. Triumph Aerospace Systems Seattle’s function is to design and integrate systems and structures aboard customer airframes utilizing the broad capabilities of the companies within the Triumph Group companies.
Triumph is seeking a versatile, detail oriented Electrical Engineer to assist in electronics systems, development and test. The position will be heavily engaged with engineering, program management, customers, suppliers, and manufacturing or motor and motion control system. The individual must know the important elements in system, hardware and software engineering, have a great sense of detail, know how to take on various duties in a short time, and be able to take initiative when needed.
• Perform detailed circuit design and development including analysis, simulation, and PCB layout oversight to convert your ideas into physical hardware.
• Perform initial bring-up of new circuit board designs and perform detailed verification, integration, and troubleshooting to ensure designs are functioning as intended.
• Contribute to electronics proposals, feasibility studies, trade studies, and proof of concept development to support current programs and ensure future program successes.
• Must be a self-starter willing to learn and take on new challenges.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with electronics simulation software such as but not limited to LTspice or PSpice preferred.
• Familiarity with Altium design environment preferred.
• Analog design, mixed signal design, power supply design, or digital design experience preferred
• Provide support to identify root cause for failures and manage the rework of hardware during development test
• Support customer facing reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc)
• Prepare technical documentation as well as design review materials
• Collaborate with system-level, hardware and software design engineers to develop designs on aggressive time schedules
• Prepare and conduct manual and automatic tests
• Bachelor’s degree in EE or related, 7-10 years’ experience
• C, C++ programming for embedded systems
• Strong communication skills
• Power electronics or motor controls or actuation systems, electric machine drives
• GUI Development
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D, EAP, Legal, ID Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Tuition Assistance, 401k with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Time Off (FTO), 12 Paid Holidays and Washington Paid Sick Leave.
Salary Range: $108,900.00 - $163,300.00 plus bonus pay
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue