Engineer, Quality 3
Redmond, WA, US, 98053
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs, and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
• Applies a strong knowledge of quality control and quality systems in developing and improving those aspects to ensure that the business meets internal, customer, regulatory, and AS9100 requirements.
• Daily collaboration with cross-functional teams including operations, engineering, manufacturing, and inspection to ensure quality product is delivered to our customers.
• Understand and analyze complex problems, and act as the facilitator for leading cross functional teams for customer required RCCAs and MRB submissions
• Develop APQP (FAIR/PPAP/PFMEA/Control Plan) in support of new program launches and develop inspection plans to ensure adherence to customer specifications.
• Effectively communicate technical issues, solutions, and ideas to a diverse audience including Program Managers, Customers, and Leadership.
• Coordinate/lead process improvements, cost reduction and/or defect reduction projects.
• Utilize Lean Manufacturing techniques as well as Process Validation and Six Sigma Problem Solving skills.
• Maintain, analyze, and distribute required Quality Metrics/KPIs
• Leads/facilitates Customer requested investigations & failure analysis reporting.
• Facilitates gathering and writing of Notifications of Escape (NOEs)
• Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
• Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook
• Other duties as assigned to ensure customer needs are met
• Associates degree in manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering or technical field, or equivalent work-related experience required
• 5-8 years in a Quality Engineer role in an aerospace company or complex manufacturing environment preferred.
• Knowledge of GD&T and its principles, proficient in blue-print reading.
• Ability to analyze data to use in sound decision making.
• Quality experience working directly with customers
• Familiarization/experience in the following methodologies is preferred:
o DMAIC and 8 Disciplines (8D) problem solving
o Statistical Process Control
o Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of AS9100 Rev D and FAA requirements highly preferred
• Internal audit training/experience and statistical analysis experience highly preferred.
• Certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or a Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) preferred
• Six Sigma and Lean experience preferred.
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Project management skills
• Professionalism in dealing with adverse or difficult situations
• Ability to analyze data to use in sound decision making.
• Skills with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint); advanced skills with Excel, plus Minitab a plus.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D, EAP, Legal, ID Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Tuition Assistance, 401k with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Time Off (FTO), 12 Paid Holidays and Washington Paid Sick Leave.
Salary Range: $81,700 - $122,500 plus bonus pay
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue