Technician, Maint Facilities 4
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, design, retrofit, and repair electrical systems, electronic controls, automation systems, PLCs, communication systems, servo drive systems, and computer-related equipment.
- CNC Machine tool mechanical, Geometrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic systems troubleshooting, repair, and installation.
- Design, install, troubleshoot, and repair precise high-pressure hydraulic systems.
- Filtration systems maintenance. Critical component inventory control.
- Schedule and perform Annual, Semi-annual, and Quarterly scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) on machine tools and facility equipment.
- Act as Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) focal by collecting, reviewing, and reporting TPM completion sheets throughout the facility.
- Miscellaneous fabrication work as necessary to support production needs.
- Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures. Working with support resources and cell leaders to resolve production problems when they arise.
- Assist the maintenance supervisor in the creation of task Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work instructions.
- Collaborate with technical staff and management to identify process improvements and plant changes. Assist the development and implementation of action plans to diagnose the root cause of equipment issues.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies, contributing to risk mitigation management teams, and keeping all work areas clean.
- Continuously striving to find ways to make the manufacturing process more efficient and effective.
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the assembly department through participation in FOD, 5S, TPM, PM, and Process Improvement programs.
- Available for unannounced overtime and being “on call” for weekend emergencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent required
- Preferred 2-year technical degree in a related field with 7 years of industrial CNC machine tool or hydraulics experience.
- Prefer experience with Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and Okuma machine tool controls.
Demonstrated experience preferred:
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Precision measuring devices.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints, wire schematics, and machine literature.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Direct experience with methodical root cause analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Project, PowerPoint), and AutoCAD. Read and interpret hydraulic schematics.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), 12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Pay Range: $29.18 - $41.19 Per Hour.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima