Quality Inspector 2
Quality Inspector 2
Windsor, CT, US, 6095
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace market – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Group, located in Windsor, CT, seeks a Quality Inspector. Reporting to the Chief Inspector this position is responsible for assuring product quality and cost-effective equipment operations by utilizing a specialized combination of skill, knowledge, communication, and technical/mathematical ability.
- Assures product quality and manufacturing accuracy by properly using inspection equipment.
- Maintains product quality documentation by keeping accurate records and files; such as Material Certifications, First Article Inspection Reports (AS9102), Inspection Method Sheets (IMS).
- Read and interprets aerospace blueprints and familiar with GD&T geometrical tolerancing.
- Has knowledge in the use of all types of standard inspection measurement equipment, such as micrometers, dial bore gauges, internal and external thread gauges, use of dial indicators.
- Solves problems by working closely with customers and/or suppliers.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- A minimum of 2 years in quality inspection (final, source and in process inspection) working in a manufacturing environment.
- CMM experience and/or DQR qualifications a plus
- High School or Technical School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology a plus.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Experience with quality management systems compliant with AS9100 and knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Report requirements a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers.