Operations Technician 4
Operations Technician 4
Shelbyville, IN, US, 46176
Triumph Thermal Systems is medium sized aerospace manufacturing company designing and building various heat exchangers for both civilian and military aircraft.
The Triumph Operating System, known as “TOS”, is a business management system that defines how we operate, and is designed to create a consistent methodology, a common language, and standard processes, all of which will enable the maximum value stream benefit and help ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a Operations Technician role for our Shelbyville, Ohio Location.
- Must be able to read, interpret and work from blueprints, specifications, charts, processes, drawings and supervisor instruction.
- Perform the full range of company requirements in TIG welding.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform quality welds on various material thicknesses from .020”to 1/2”. Proficient in performing machine settings and use of hand tools to do own part fit up.
- Setup and operate water and DI test stands.
- Perform all necessary assembly, inspect, test and repair operations to meet customer specifications. Perform operations to repair threads, bosses, and dents on any and all assemblies and parts.
- Perform simple computer functions such as printing processes, blue prints, and entering data for time card reporting.
- Assist other operators when necessary. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed or standard safety regulations
- Maintain required logs and documentation. Take direction and perform other duties as required
- High school graduate with 1-2 years specialized training in welding, machine trades training, and/or sheet metal fabrication.
- Certification and/or two years experience in TIG welding of aluminum and steel required.
- General knowledge of assembly, machining, sheet metal fabrication, inspection, and test processes typically acquired in three to five years experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably aerospace.
- Ability to use standard business application software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis