Design Engineer 2, Sustaining (MRB)
Park City, UT, US, 84098
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
- Design maintenance of products released to manufacturing for ongoing production or spares.
- Investigation, analysis, and root cause corrective actions for non-conforming hardware used on precision gear systems including gearboxes, actuators, and propeller drives. Other applications include brakes, clutches, planetary gears, hydraulic controls, and pneumatic valving.
- Timely preparation of all associated engineering documentation including but not limited to Analysis Reports, and Engineering Changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of three years or relevant experience in gear systems, transmissions, or actuation.
- Experience in the design of rotating equipment including spur, helical, and bevel gear design and analysis (AGMA) (CAGE) (ISO), bearing analysis, hydraulics, lubrication, pneumatic, and cooling assessments preferred.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a requirement.
- Ability to create a complex tolerance stack-up report based on drawing requirements.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Understand manufacturing processes such as milling, turning, grinding, lapping, honing, shaping, hobbing, EDM, casting, forging, plating, etching, and heat treatment of metals is desirable.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software is desirable.
- Analytical experience to determine static and dynamic stresses is preferred. Proficiency using Ansys, Nastran, Abaqus FEA, MASTA, or ROMAX is desirable.
- Knowledge of Reliability, FMECA, and Six Sigma methods are desirable.
- Understanding of environmental qualification standards such as DO160, MIL-STD-810 or EUROCAE ED-14 is desirable.
- Work effectively in a team environment and maintain flexibility to take on tasks outside their direct responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to support Project Engineering and Project Schedules.
- Ability to work multiple, complex tasks and the drive to follow task to a successful outcome. Capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-manage.
- Confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question and gain a full understanding of issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City