Engineer, Design 3
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
• Apply creative problem-solving skills to solve challenging hydro-mechanical problems.
• Assume responsibility for technical items and administrative duties necessary to assure timely completion of assigned projects.
• Maintain an orderly and retrievable record of all technical items pertaining to a project. File calculations, records of telephone conversations, and correspondence in an orderly manner in a “Project File.”
• Serve as technical coordinator during the proposal stage of a project and provide technical guidelines and direction for the proposal package.
• Review specifications and perform requirements management activities necessary to identify, track, change, validate, and verify customer requirements.
• Participate in all pre-pricing and proposal reviews to assure proper scheduling and content are included.
• Assume full authority and responsibility for the scheduling of necessary tasks, material requirements, design changes, and dissemination of specification requirements to applicable departments of the company after contract award and during the design, development, and prototype hardware phases.
• Design complex hydro-mechanical components and assemblies to meet customer requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, the design of actuators, valves, manifolds, and test fixtures.
• Prepare the various analyses necessary to substantiate the design of hydro-mechanical components and assemblies.
• Prepare layouts, drawings, and schematics of complex hydro-mechanical components, assemblies, and test fixtures, utilizing good drafting practices and technical judgment.
• Prepare test procedures, reports, data, and data items according to established standards and military specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Assemble development hardware and test fixtures and perform associated development testing with guidance from the Test Engineers and Technicians.
• Communicate with customers as necessary, both outside and within the business, keeping the Engineering Leadership informed of all developments.
• Apprise fellow Engineers and Engineering Leadership of any schedule or technical problems that are unable to be resolved.
• Provide technical assistance, as necessary, concerning assigned projects during the production phase.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in an appropriate mechanical engineering field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in design engineering, preferably in the aerospace field.
- Experienced innovator in the design and analysis of aerospace hydraulic components and related mechanical equipment.
- Capable of managing the design and qualification portions of multiple engineering programs simultaneously.
- Create design concepts that meet customer-specified requirements and then develop these concepts into feasible designs.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), Paid Family Medical Leave,12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Position Salary Range: $84,800 - $127.200 Annual. Hiring Range and Position Pay Range to Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima