Project Engineer 3
Project Engineer 3
West Hartford, CT, US, 06110-1328
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph Electronics and Control employs approximately 500 people. The Company’s key products and services include the design, development, certification, manufacture and repair of aerospace thermal systems, fuel pumps, fuel metering units, fuel controls, and electronic engine control systems for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft servicing military, commercial, regional and business jet market segments.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our Project Engineering Group to support our Thermal Systems product design and development. This person will demonstrate the ability to execute successful product development programs for new or modified product on schedule and within budget from concept design through production transition.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the technical team in the design and development of new products.
- Prepare component specifications, test plans, and test reports.
- Provide oversight of electrical, mechanical and system test activities (setup and testing)
- Support diagnosis and troubleshoot of thermal system products, including compressors, controls, and test systems.
- Review/monitor schedule and budget commitments relative to assigned projects and communicate risks to management.
- Ensure new product development procedures are adhered to and that recommendations for continuous improvement relative to lessons learned are communicated and incorporated into revised procedures.
- Support Operations in ensuring that engineered product meets financial objectives through implementation of acceptance tests and build standards that align with Design to Cost (DTC) costs.
- Identify process and product improvements (new products and legacy products) and implement changes.
- Multi-task, execute cross-functional activities, and drive projects to successfully meet key milestones.
- Foster good working relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal departments.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering required; MS degree a plus.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in working in Aerospace Thermal Management Systems and/or similar mechanical/electrical products.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience working in and leading product development teams, creating project plans, performing risk assessments, and working resource plans necessary for successful program execution.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.