Electronics Test Engineering Manager
Electronics Test Engineering Manager
West Hartford, CT, US, 06110-1328
ELECTRONICS TEST ENGINEERING MANAGER
Business Overview: Triumph Engine Control Systems is a leading independent aerospace fuel system supplier for the commercial, military, helicopter and business jet markets. Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph employs approximately 530 employees. The Company’s key products and services include electronic engine controls, fuel metering units and main fuel pumps for both the OE and aftermarket / spares end markets.
Position Summary: The Electronics Test Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of test equipment that is used to test functionality of Electronic Engine Control Units (EECU) for the aerospace industry. Job duties include, being accountable for providing a broad range of hardware/software/systems design, development, testing, and repair, up-grade, and maintenance services in support of manufacturing and engineering test equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This role is responsible for managing the development of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) projects from conception through implementation. This will include, but is not limited to, ATE upgrades, maintenance, providing both internal and external customer support, project management, and conflict resolution.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree electrical engineering, computer science, systems engineering. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of Test Engineering, or related, experience including leading projects and/or project management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of program, or project management. PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience with electronic manufacturing processes and automated test systems.
- Significant experience implementing complex test and development procedures.
- Ability to design creative electronic hardware / software solutions.
- Familiar with electronic test equipment, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C++ and DOS based systems used in the aerospace industry is preferred.
- Able to read and understand printed circuit board schematics, firmware code and optical specification.
- Demonstrated capabilities in failure analysis and troubleshooting electronic circuits.
- Experience and knowledge with Environmental testing including temperature, vibration, shock and EMI.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior leadership, program management, manufacturing and R&D personnel.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel 5-10%.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions, i.e., sitting, standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, lifting, pushing, carrying, etc.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift at least 15 lbs. infrequently.
- Ability to manipulate small hand tools.
- Ability to remain seated for long periods of time while working on a computer or documentation, etc.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- Must be capable of withstanding long periods of viewing data on a computer screen and/or in paper format.
- Ability to interact with a diversity of people and diverse levels of personnel.
All Positions at Triumph Engine Control Systems require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans