Technician, Assembly Test 2 R&O
Technician, Assembly Test 2 R&O
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Assembly Test Technician 2 R&O
This position is subject to annual shift rotations between 1st and 3rd shifts.
- Perform all mechanical assembly, functional tests, test setups, and finish operations on product line per blueprints and planning with little to no supervision.
- Perform functional tests in such a manner to maximize quality and productivity while simultaneously working on multiple machines.
- Determine the sequence of assembly operations in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Control to optimize the process and achieve maximum productivity and quality.
- Identify functional test applications suitable for computer automation and other opportunities for methods improvement.
- Determine cause and corrective action through failure analysis in conjunction with Design Engineering and Quality Control.
- Maintain orderly and retrievable records of work performed and complete records of test setups, shop books, photos, and procedures.
- Work with hazardous chemicals such as: Acetone, Alcohol, HFE-72DE, paints, sealants, bonding solvents paint stripper, solvents and paint thinners. May involve prolonged exposure to caustic oils such as Hyjet IV. Some heavy lifting required.
- Setup and conduct tests and experiments on components and complete units to evaluate design characteristics and performance of test items.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience required.
- Safety orientated and willing to participate in continuous improvement team discussions.
- General mechanical knowledge/background.
- Preferred knowledge of advanced hydraulic and electro-hydraulic theory and formula.
Skills & Competencies:
- Safe use of hand/power tools.
- Ability to follow instruction. (Oral and/or written).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and hydraulic diagrams is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Willing to work in team environment and participate in team process improvement discussions/projects.
- Must be able to work overtime which may include occasional weekends.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), 12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Position Pay Range: $20.44 - $28.86 Per Hour. Hiring Range and Position Pay Range to Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima