Park City, UT, US, 84098
- Performs nondestructive testing utilizing liquid penetrant (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) methods in accordance with written procedures to meet customer, Nadcap, FAA, and internal processing requirements.
- Assures product quality by utilizing a specialized combination of skill, knowledge, interpretation, attention to detail, communication, and technical ability.
- Applies strong knowledge of quality systems to develop and improve the systems and products necessary to ensure that the business attains its annual goals, while meeting regulatory, customer, and industry requirements. Develops and maintains the systems, as necessary, to ensure continued improvement and compliance with Nadcap, AS9100/ISO9001, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes and executes the quality assurance philosophy throughout the organization.
- Must be able to meet testing, vision, and certification requirements for MT and PT in accordance with NAS 410 “NAS Certification & Qualification of Nondestructive Test Personnel.”
- Assures product quality and manufacturing accuracy by properly interpreting NDT inspection results to the applicable specifications and drawing requirements.
- Maintains product quality and nondestructive testing reports by keeping accurate records and files.
- Prepare written instructions, organize, and record and report testing results.
- Performs process controls and maintains NDT processing equipment per written specifications.
- Ensures that inspections and equipment conform to standards by correctly reading blueprints and applicable specifications.
- Solves problems by working closely with customers, engineering, quality, and manufacturing departments.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned, to ensure customer needs are met.
- NDT Level 2 (II) in MT and PT;
- Experience with Nadcap;
- Read, understand, and effectively write English;
- Effective written and verbal communications in English;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Proficient knowledge and application of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to handle interruptions;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Attention to detail
Preferred education, certification, and experience
- Two (2) years NDT in manufacturing or the aerospace industry.
- Working knowledge of NAS 410, Nadcap, and AS9100.
- Working knowledge using various tool for root cause/corrective action investigations, analysis, and implementation.
- May require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Frequent bending, climbing stairs, and reaching overhead.
- Standing up to eight (8) hours per day, sitting up to eight (8) hours per day, or a combination of sitting and standing.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City