Program Manager 2 SGA-05
Program Manager 2 SGA-05
Valencia, CA, US, 91355
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal direction, has strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to successfully collaborate across organizations and functions.
The program manager is responsible for implementing and executing all aspects of assigned programs including cost, technical and schedule performance and is the primary point of contact and interface with the customer. Directs all Program resources to provide customers with high quality products and services, on time and at competitive prices. Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services, are provided as needed.
Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity that reduce cost and rework. Identify and respond to program challenges and support solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications.
- Ownership of the program management activities from initial customer and conceptual design through development, qualification testing, and product manufacture within the formalized NPI development processes.
- Prepares schedules, coordinates, and monitors the assigned programs. Manages project timelines, milestones, deliverables, cost, risks, and budget. Tracks, monitors, and reports program performance using program management tools.
- Ensure timely completion of project according to established timelines and deliverables to the customer (SDRL’s, data items, reports, cost estimates).
- Responsible for the overall program definition, organization, and direction of short- and long-range plans.
- Ensures customer requirements are met. Manages changes through formalized change management process and ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensures that management of the program conforms to the company Quality Management System procedures as documented.
- Primary point of contact with customers, communicating with them regarding the schedule and other issues on an on-going basis. Acts as voice of the customer within the organization.
- Manages relationships with the customer base fostering an environment where complex problems are solved in a manner that instills trust and respect for all parties.
- Support the development of new business growth strategies, including kick-off meetings, expectations, and timelines.
- Coordinate responses to customer action items.
- Manage the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Develops and executes program presentations for both internal and external customers as well as summary documents for leadership review.
- Provide regular program status reports to various levels of management.
- Update and maintain program metrics (e.g. on-time delivery, scope and change management, budget, etc.).
- Work with other functions to identify defect trends associated with assigned programs and take actions to reduce/eliminate the defects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or at least 10 years relevant professional experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a program manager or contracts role.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Compliance and Regulatory experience
- Customer focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles