Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer
Flintshire, GB, CH5 2NS
Job Description – Senior Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for; establishing and managing a new development and qualification test facility at our Deeside location; establishing good, safe, productive working practices in a spirit of continuous improvement; provision of high quality and reliable test equipment to support development and qualification test programmes; managing the execution of R&D and qualification test programmes to meet customer and programme needs.
It is an exciting time at Triumph as the team are establishing a new test facility at Deeside. This provides a unique opportunity for the Senior Test ENgineer to establish a new facility, new test equipment supply network and to influence the future with respect to R&D and qualification testing at Triumph.
Requirements of the role:
- Conceive, design and implement a new R&D and qualification test facility to support electro-mechanical and hydro-mechanical actuation products.
- Create, implement and enforce productive processes and working practices to ensure safe and effective operation of the facility and completion of test work.
- Build a network to support the provision of high quality, robust and reliable test equipment for the execution of R&D and qualification tests.
- Be responsible for the delivery of R&D and qualification test programmes including test procedures, planning, test reports and failure investigation support.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives within the function and team.
- Completion of any work-related tasks, which would be deemed reasonable of this leadership role.
General Requirements of the individual:
- Integrity: doing the right thing for our stakeholders, valuing safety, honour and respect to all.
- Continuous Improvement champion: pursues zero defect quality, attacks problems and relentlessly looks to raise the bar.
- Teamwork: seeks opportunities to win as one team – one company. Unafraid to solicit help from others in pursuing team wins.
- Innovative: demonstrates passion for growing the business and solving problems through ingenuity.
- Acts with velocity: partners, communicates and anticipates challenges before they become issues. Actively manages and mitigates risk.
Specific Requirements of the individual:
- Experienced in the specification and provision of complex, test equipment for the completion of R&D and qualification testing, often automated.
- Experienced in electro-mechanical and hydro-mechanical product testing.
- Experienced in the accurate acquisition, recording, reporting and interpretation of data.
- Ideally, Degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Proven project management capability and experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication.
- UK driving licence holder.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- LabVIEW experience desirable.
- Based in Deeside.
- Travel to and working at other Triumph and Customer locations worldwide maybe required.
- Hours of Employment: 37 hours a week; flexibility will be required.