Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Role Summary/ Purpose
The Site Operations Manager has full responsibility for the overall operation of the Isle of Man facility and will be fully accountable for the quality, delivery, cost management and safety performance of the site.
In this role the successful candidate will develop processes that meet business needs across the site, manage complex issues, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
· Provide leadership to the site in order to meet customer requirements for safety, quality, cost, delivery and compliance.
· Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for manufacturing operations.
· Direct process and product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
· Lead the site to achieve goals in asset utilisation, process/manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality and cost reduction
· Ensure communication of key business/ customer issues to employees
· Maintain strong relationships with functional business partners
· Direct the management of production programmes
· Identify long term investment requirements to support capacity needs and prepare appropriate detailed justification for spend
· Lead and direct the continuous improvement of products and processes for the site
· Represent the Isle of Man business internally and externally with key stakeholders and interested parties
· Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
· Ensure assigned employees are aware/ comply with all Triumph, government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
· Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product/ process and deliver quality requirements
· Interface with other organisations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
· Develop necessary business plans to enhance all program requirements, including throughput, labour hours, cycle, cost, and image
· Develop and execute an effective communication plan for the facility
· Structure assigned organisation and staff positions with personnel to accomplish business objectives.
· Develop site Annual Operating Plan and associated budgets for sales and cost performance
· Deliver site performance in line with the agreed Annual Operating Plan
· Provide necessary reports to support the site performance and reporting requirements
· Support and deliver the relevant elements of site standardisation projects across the UK and IOM.
· Travel to UK sites will be required.
Required Characteristics /Qualifications
At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing leadership role, preferably in the Aerospace Industry
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production, production planning, inventory management and standard cost systems
ERP experience required, ideally Syteline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .