Senior Analyst, International Trade Compliance
Senior Analyst, International Trade Compliance
Park City, UT, US, 84098 Macomb, MI, US, 48042
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Based Globally, and reporting to the Senior Director, Contracts, the Sr. Analyst, International Trade Compliance has responsibilities including execution and monitoring of international trade compliance initiatives and activities set by International Trade Compliance Leadership and to support improved compliance across the organization while delivering customer service. The Sr. Analyst, International Trade Compliance drives compliance results through analysis of trade data, knowledge or trade regulations and a strong collaboration with functional leaders and teams across the company. This role will support the Geared Solutions Operating Company (OpCo) consisting of sites in Park City, UT and Macomb, MI. The incumbent of this position will have the option to work remote or from either Geared Solutions' location.
- Lead international trade compliance initiative and ensure administrative requirements and data are reported up and across the International Trade Organization and the OpCo.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders for awareness of the International Trade requirements and regulations to be met.
- Collaboration to support the business in implementing compliant export/import of goods, services, and technical data/technology.
- Support organization in the implementation and oversight of International Trade Compliance processes, procedures, and tools by embedding international trade compliance requirements, as necessary.
- Lead and support the organization’s implementation of international trade compliance best practices.
- Has responsibility and oversight of post-entry audit to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Report on key performance indicators to determine performance by organization, broker, freight forwarder and suppliers.
- Responsible for capturing and reporting on action plans to improve key performance areas of international trade compliance.
- Report to management and team issues of international trade compliance, as necessary.
- Ensure the accuracy of data in enterprise systems. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining proper records as required by domestic and international trade regulations.
- Lead International Trade Compliance through support to the organization by providing international trade compliance analysis and interpretation related to matters in the region with International Trade Compliance Management oversight.
- Lead, develop and perform all administrative international trade compliance requirements for organization and report any significant issues to management.
- Have significant understanding, ability to analyze and execution of compliance to customs exit and entry requirements and law.
- Ability to draft Trade Compliance licenses and agreements with little to no oversight.
- Provide inputs to the organization for the implementation and oversight of international trade compliance processes, procedures, and tools by embedding trade compliance requirements, as necessary.
- Handle trade compliance inquiries from forwarders. (TSCA, Documentation errors, MSDS).
- Monitor and ensure proper compliance around Routed Transactions.
- Help provide training and awareness on Compliance issues to the affiliates in the region.
- Support and draft the proper international trade compliance licenses and agreements including submission of such licenses and agreements to the proper government authority.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate recordkeeping procedures are met.
- Significant knowledge in performing global classification of finished goods and raw materials, and equipment transfers. Ensure that all updates are made and maintain Triumph site parts database.
- Lead and support the organization in the implementation of Supply Chain Security programs such as AEO and C-TPAT if required. Lead teams to perform tasks given by management to ensure the continued compliance to each AEO and C-TPAT program. Such tasks may include assessments and corrective action plans and tracking closures to ensure good standing in the program(s). Ensure markets adhere to process, customs regulation, update import manuals when needed etc. Assist affiliates on Energizer products and out of scope items HS classification, leveraging on FTA and other customs issues/trade compliance queries.
- Lead issues resolution as it relates to denied party data and provide input to necessary controls for engaging parties in trade transactions.
- Master’s degree and 5+ years or bachelor’s degree and 10+ years trade compliance or related experience
- International Trade Compliance Experience required.
- Knowledge of Trade Compliance and Customs management and the effects of trade compliance activities across responsible areas.
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong goal achievement skills
- Knowledge and understanding in International Business and/or Aerospace preferred.
- Sensitivity to cross cultural relationships
- 20%-30% travel may be required.
- Will need to manage flexible hours given international support.
- Able to travel on Weekends when required.
- Able to travel for more than one week at a time if required.
- Ability to lead cross culturally.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City