Materials Planning Manager
Materials Planning Manager
Flintshire, GB, CH5 2NS
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
• Based in Deeside, Flintshire
• Travel to and working at other Triumph and customer locations may be required
• Hours of Employment: 37 hours a week; flexibility will be required.
• Responsible for providing leadership to the planning and commercial team. Strong management skills are required to lead, coach, mentor, and develop the team, ensuring efficiency and collaboration.
• Leads the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process. Incorporating all supporting functions and presents the executive overview to the senior leadership team.
• Responsible for overseeing the coordination of all manufacturing order creation to the shop through analysis of Sales Order requirements.
• Develop requirements and standards to ensure business goals and performance metrics are attained through a cohesive standard of work.
• Work closely with Operations, Production, MRO and Engineering to establish true capacity plans based on demands vs resource availability.
• Monitors throughput and adherence to plan. Reports on recovery and constraints.
• Strives to enable the team to fully utilise the ERP system to full functionality. Developing reporting mechanisms and standardising across the team/group where possible.
• Develops a best practice sharing mentality between the team. Reaching out to sister sites and adopting a continuous improvement attitude.
• Analyse inventory levels for purchased and manufactured goods. Monitors and manages material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
• Escalation point for materials both internally and externally by communicating with supply chain and functional business contacts.
• Responsible for operational performance reporting to Customer. Leads operational reviews and escalates any arrears and recovery plans.
• Sales Forecasting based on customer orderbook, capacity and arrears recovery where applicable.
• Improves and develops standard times for manufacturing processes.
• Minimise inventory input while maintaining on-time customer delivery.
• Oversees the revision to schedules when required due to production constraints, customer demand changes or delays in the supply chain.
• Creates and maintains tracking systems for new and past due programs/projects, communicates plans/needs to team members and assists in execution where needed.
• Interacts with Quality, Materials, Manufacturing, MRO, Shipping, and Assembly to ensure deliveries are met.
• Ensures coordination with Operations Managers to make any adjustments to production schedules daily/weekly as needed to meet business and customer needs. Communicates demand information across the facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
• Reviews orderbook changes and challenges any changes in the demand profile with the relevant customers.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
• Fosters positive relationship with internal and external customers.
• Degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience working within a planning and/or customer facing role
• At least 2-3 years management experience, preferable within an aerospace manufacturer
• Strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and achieve results.
• This position requires mathematical ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong MS office and ERP system understanding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .