Technician, Assembly Test 2
Technician, Assembly Test 2
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Assemble and finish production components to specifications, perform functional tests, recognize, and report defective parts with little to no supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble various critical tolerance hydraulic assembly components while following work instructions, blueprints, and specifications.
- Finish applications such as lockwire, sealant, and paint touch-up. Installation of identification plates, grease fittings, clamps, and zip ties.
- Using a variety of hand tools and precision measuring instruments that monitor and verify drawing/work order requirements are being met.
- Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with manufacturing planning, quality plans, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to calibrate pressure gauges and transducers per Acceptance Test Procedure requirements.
- Understand and complete acceptance test procedures with little to no supervision.
- Ensuring part quality by utilizing the correct tooling, and standard practices.
- Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedule and procedures
- Working with support resources and cell leaders to resolve production problems when they arise.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies, contributing to risk mitigation management teams, and keeping all work areas clean.
- Contributing to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
- Continuously striving to find ways to make the manufacturing process more efficient and effective.
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the assembly department through participation in FOD, 5S, TPM, PM, and Process Improvement programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent required.
- General mechanical knowledge/background.
- Assembly experience inclusive of two years of actual hands-on mechanical assembly or two years of proven proficiency in a similar industrial environment.
Basic understanding of the following preferred:
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Precision measuring devices
- Part drawings/blueprints, dimensioning, and tolerancing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Read and interpret hydraulic schematics.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), 12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Pay Range: $20.44- $28.86 Per Hour. Hiring Range and Position Pay Range to Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima