Engineer, Design 2
Engineer, Design 2
Forest, OH, US, 45843
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
- Develops project goals and objectives by reviewing customer specifications and other requirements along with the technical and commercial project proposals, customer statements of work, and conferring with management. Ensures projects meet schedule, cost results, and technical expectations through effective project leadership.
- Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface to present project status; may propose and/or negotiate changes in schedules or specifications. Gains customer confidence in overall support of customer programs.
- Determines advanced project specifications/proposals by studying product design, customer requirements (including performance and data requirements), completing technical studies; and preparing cost estimates. Provides responses to RFQ’s and generates technical proposals.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning staffing and resources, and reviewing technical data and program plans from suppliers. Ensures coordination of project goals within and across divisions.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plans and specification; calculating time requirements; and sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule/plan by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems by identifying alternative solutions. Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, assessing trends; and recommending corrective actions.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; and recommending actions to achieve performance to committed milestones. Controls project costs by reviewing non-recurring costs, monitoring and approving expenditures, and administering contractor contracts.
- Applies and leads continuous improvement initiatives through the development of new engineering technology, product development, analytic tools, and key production principles and techniques.
- Bachelors degree (BS) in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering or a related technical discipline. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through three or more years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering theories, including either mechanical, heat transfer and/or thermal dynamics engineering theories, principles, concepts, techniques, project management and control, concurrent engineering, industry practices, regulations, and policies related to division products, services, markets, objectives and strategies. Previous product/process work experience in aluminum and stainless steel alloys, metal joining techniques of vacuum brazing and TIG welding, and/or heat exchanger sheet metal fabrication is desired.
- Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay