Continuous Improvement Specialist (Specialist, TOS)
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Specialist, TOS)
Macomb, MI, US, 48042
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, and systems. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph’s Macomb, MI site is part of the Geared Solutions operating company. Triumph Geared Solution is the premier independent supplier for the design and manufacture, as well as aftermarket spare parts and repair/overhaul support, of commercial & defense aerospace gearing components and integrated gearboxes for fixed wing, rotorcraft, aircraft engine, and ground vehicle applications. We collaborate with customers to provide a full array of capabilities, including design, engineering and manufacturing of complex mechanical assemblies and build-to-print for highly specialized applications.
The Triumph Operating System, known as “TOS”, is a business management system that defines how we operate, and is designed to create a consistent methodology, a common language, and standard processes, all of which will enable the maximum value stream benefit and help ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are currently seeking a lean practitioner and change agent to fill the Specialist, TOS role for our Macomb, MI Location.
- Champions operational excellence by leading the transformation, education, and culture change in all departments
- Leads process improvements that meet business needs, manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise, becomes involved in long-term strategic and operational planning, and contribute to the overall performance of the business
- Establishes a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of the Triumph Operating Systems (TOS)
- Supports, strengthens, and evolves the High-Performance Team (HPT) structure & maturation.
- Develops and executes a lean transformation plan that provides delivery of goals and metrics including Safety, Quality, Productivity, Output, Cycle reduction / Inventory Reduction
- Leads / facilitate projects, utilizing Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive improvements in all facets of the operations
- Accountable for developing appropriate operations metrics, lean strategy / execution & Obeya room site KPI metrics
- Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate support, and achievement of expected tangible benefits
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document improvements.
- Coaches and develops a problem-solving culture at all levels of the organization; implements permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of reoccurrence
- Serves as consulting and teaching resource for implementing new methods and processes
- Establishes a structure for the ongoing training and development of employees
- Leads / Facilitates Operational Excellence & inventory strategic initiatives
- Facilitate annual Policy Deployment (PD) catch ball exercise activities with the OpCo and site leadership team.
- Quarterly TOS Excellence Assessments process maturity reviews, implementation roadmaps, & action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or engineering field
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt)
- 5+ years manufacturing experience preferred
- Full working knowledge of Lean Concepts with demonstrated success
- Comfortable facilitating Lean events and coaching others in Lean methodologies
- Proven record of implementing and inspiring continuous improvement culture in an organization
- Ability to build teams and influence outcomes without direct line of control
- Ability to collaborate and partner with various SMEs across the organization
- Strong communication, collaboration, facilitation, and influencing skills with ability to interface across shared services functional areas and business operations at all levels of the organizations
- Proven ability to develop teams and train others in new ways of doing things
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action leading change management across all aspects of the business
- Project management skills proficiency, PMI-PMP preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for a period of time.
- Ability to remain seated for long periods of time while working on a computer or documentation, etc.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- Must be capable of withstanding long period of viewing date on a computer screen and/or in paper format.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Detroit