Clemmons, NC, US, 27012
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Title: Intern, Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Summer internship in the Triumph – Clemmons engineering department, which will include rotations through the design, analysis, and engineering test departments.
- The design department activities, depending on experience, may include items such as completing minor drawing revisions, document/report review and writing, supporting failure investigations, updating various department databases and metrics files.
- Analysis department activities, depending on experience, may include items such as stress analysis hand calculations, simple Finite Element Analysis generation, report generation and or review.
- Test department activities, depending on experience, will include hands on experience with developing and setting up hydraulic test setups, including circuit design, plumbing installing, hook up and check out of various sensors. Other activities may include test software programing, test scheduling, and document/report review and writing.
Other activities may be assigned as required and depending on demonstrated capability.
Triumph Actuation Products & Services – Clemmons is seeking candidates for an Engineering Internship. This internship will provide a college-level student with practical experience related to his or her major in engineering that will enhance and complement their classroom learning.
- Currently enrolled in an ABET accredited program for Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Aerospace Engineering
- Completed junior year of college
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated fluency in English.
- Experience with CAD tools
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Steel toed/safety shoes required
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Winston-Salem