Machinist - Milling
Machinist - Milling
Windsor, CT, US, 06095
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Systems, Electronics and Controls, located in Windsor, CT is currently seeking a 1st Shift Machinist to produce products by setting-up and operating one or more specialized manufacturing CNC machines. Shift Differential and $3k Sign-on Bonus.
- Able to set-up and operate manual and CNC 3 and 4 axis milling machines with minimal supervision. Must be able to set-up and operate Bridgeport’s experience beneficial.
- Can read and follow set-up sheets, operation sheets, blueprints, programs and/or drawings.
- Meet production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Able to follow and instruct on machining set-ups and operating principles.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining concerns.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of machinist’s hand fools and precision measuring instruments.* Able to make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks and scribes’ dimensions and reference points.
- Able to set and use all standard measuring instruments including Micro Hite.* Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing safety applications and keeping all work areas clean.
- Contribute to the team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent Required. Technical or vocational training desired.
- 3 to 5 years setup and operating, CNC 3 and 4 axis milling machines. Experience with running manual Bridgeport’s desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with substantial acquaintance with and understanding of technical aspects of the job.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions, the ability to concentrate and the ability to work as part of a team and get along with others.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to attention to detail.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Hartford